Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Urban "hikes" Coffee Creek trail


I'm feeling a bit anxious and out of sorts this week, also I think I am suffering from all the pollen in the air. I don't really feel like going out and doing a big hike in the Olympics, so I've been doing little hikes here in town.

Yesterday I went 5.5 miles and today I went 3.5 miles. There is a beautiful trail near my house that I can't access without either trespassing or driving a mile. A trailer park blocks the way and they won't let people pass to reach the trail. I think that is such a shame, I hope the city finds a way to make that trail accessible.

In the mean time I've been exploring some wastelands above highway 101. This is the dumpster diving of the hiking world. Hiking on ugly trails because they are close to home.












Abandoned glue sniffers camp

Abandoned glue sniffers camp
Abandoned glue sniffers camp

Trilliums


Neighborhood on the trail


tires


Most of the "trail" looks like this



No comments: